20130831

toO mUCH

Keep studying.

  • keep/get/be/remain in touch: to communicate or continue to communicate with someone by using a phone or writing to them
    are you still in touch with any of your old school friends?
    we're in close touch with our office in Spain.
    Jane and I never kept in touch after college. 
  • lose touch: to  stop communicating with someone.
    we lost touch over the years.
  • be in contact with / lose contact with / make contact with
    have you been in contact with him?
    you can contact me by my phone / on (number).
    she finally made contact with him in Italy
    Air traffic control lost radio contact with the pilot of the aircraft ten minutes before the accident. 
  • I couldn't be happier.
    I couldn't care less.
    I couldn't agree more.
    I couldn't ask for more. 
  • i was in a rush/hurry to get home.
    they were in no rush/hurry to sell the house.
    what's the rush/hurry for?
    we left in such a hurry that we forgot our tickets.
  • what are you up to at the end of this month?
    it's up to the manager to make the final decision.
  • blow sb away: to surprise to please someone very much
    we are blown away.
    the ending will blow you away.
  • go for: to choose something
    which one you've gone for?
    instead of wine, I'll go for a beer.




No comments: