20131016

sCALd

Gosh! i scalded my hand!!!

vocabulary:

  • scald: to burn the skin with boiling liquid or steam
    i dropped a pan of boiling water and scalded my leg. 
  • imminent: coming or likely to happen very soon
    a strike is imminent.
    imminent disaster/danger
  • groovy: very fashionable and interesting
    that's a very groovy hat you're wearing, did you knit it yourself? 
  • hooray/hurray: used to express excitement, pleasure or approval
    you won? Hooray!
    Hooray! It's time to go home!
  • hurt:
    (v) to feel pain in part of your body
    Tell me where it hurts.
    My head hurts.
    (v) injure someone or cause them hurt
    Emma hurt her back when she fell of her horse.
    (v) to cause emotional pain
    she criticised my writing quite severely and that hurt.
    (v) to cause harm
    one more drink won't hurt.
    a lot of firms are being hurt by the current high interest rate.
my scalded hand is really hurt! 

No comments: