20130708

BrAvE

回頭想想

也覺得自己滿佩服自己的

i've been to London for about 4 months. Actually many people i met were surprised that i came to London alone without any friends here and told me that i was really brave. Frankly speaking, i didn't think I was that brave, because I believe there are loads of people out there are just like me.

However, now when i look back these days, i suddenly reckon, yeah, actually I was quite brave! It's not because I came to London alone and live alone, instead, because I chose to gave up many things I'd already got and pushed myself into an unknown adventure. I'd got a nicely paid job that was interesting and new to me, I'd earned some money, although it's definitely not much. I'd lived with my family and a cute new born baby (of course not mine). I'd got my own comfy room with a double bed. I'd got my friends to hang out with when I was bored, sad, or happy. I'd got my own life in Taiwan. Ya. but I chose leave it and head off for working holidays that I was even not sure what could I gain or learn from it. What I only knew was I would need to get a job to support my living in London. It might be highly physical demanding, very tiring, with minimum wages, or so.

How brave I was! I'm certain that not everyone would like to do that, because I was the one who hesitated for a long time! Now I'm glad the decision I finally made, because I somewhat feel proud of myself. (I hope the feeling can stay with me even I go back to Taiwan in the future.)





No comments: