20130517

iNDepENDencE

I quite enjoy the life here, not just because I am living in a foreign country, but also the attitude I have here.

Yes, almost everything I did alone--- flying to here, looking for accommodation, seeking for a part-time job and full-time job, going sightseeing, exploring unknown areas, shops, stores, and everything, being turned down by the manager, walking to home in the late night, etc. What I really enjoy is being independent. I didn't know it is incredibly enjoyable to me. I am responsible for my own life, physically and mentally. No one I shall complain about. Every choice is made by my own thought and consideration. I have to balance the reality, my desire and my goals. I am getting to know myself better. I always know that I am quite mentally independent, since I have asked for myself when I was really young. But I also know that I am totally not physically independent due to lacking of some life skills, such as cooking!

the more I have been through, the more confidence I gain, no matter it's happy or sad.

So far, everything went quite smoothly and followed my original plan. in the first month, I focused on getting myself ready for work in the next month and exploring the city as more as possible. All the document like National Insurance Number and bank account got ready by time and I started to apply part-time job so that I could have some money to support my life here. I was lucky that I've really got a part-time job in the restaurant. The second month, one of my best friend visited me. Although it was not in my plan, of course, I still enjoy different kind of exploration. Sharing happiness with friend is definitely different kind of joy. after my friend had gone back to Taiwan, my third month was coming. I have started proactively seeking for a full-time job. It is one of my goal for this trip to the UK. I spent less time go sightseeing. I have found a balance between work, live, study and looking for a job, although I think it still has room to improve my time management.

my forth month is coming soon. my plan has a bit changed because I wanna put more efforts on learning English whilst looking for a job. I decided to give myself 2 more moths to do so since what I have earned from the part-time job allows me to extend my time staying in London.

No comments: